Saturday was another Crafty Creations day. We made two different items in about an hour!
The first were duct tape pens with googly eyes:
- Assorted duct tape
- Tacky glue (access to a hot glue gun would work well too)
- Assortment of googly eyes (different sizes and/or colors is optional)
This is a quick, easy craft for most participants.
- Select a desired duct tape pattern.
- Cut 3-4 pieces, about an inch wide
- Wrap the length of the pen with the duct tape pieces (leaving room at the end so the cap still fits)
- For the cap:
- Measure two pieces of duct tape about 2 inches wide.
- Adhere the two pieces together (pattern on the outside)
- Cut small slits 3/4 of the way down (this makes fringe or hair)
- Tennis balls
- An exacto knife
- Sharpies (optional)
- Duct tape (optional)
- Googly eyes
- You will want to cut the 'mouths' in the tennis balls prior to the program for safety.
- Using an exacto knife, make 4-5 small punctures about 3/4 down one one side of the tennis ball.
- Then use the knife to cut a 'smile' and connect all the holes.
- The slit should be about an inch and a half
- During the program, pass out tennis balls
- Glue googly eyes to make a face
- Use other craft items such as sharpies and duct tape to personalize as desired
Here are some pictures of the teen creations!
#teen #YA #library #crafts #diy #pinterest #tennis #ducttape